I joined Aspen Outdoors Ltd in 2021 as Office Manager, to help coordinate, plan and deliver activities, particularly DofE Expeditions.
Having grown up with the Scottish hills through family walking and camping trips, I have been lucky enough to be able to pursue a passion for the outdoors that includes walking, climbing, kayaking and geology. I have a keen interest in engaging young people with the natural environment and previously worked for GeoBus, a Scottish Earth Science education project, delivering workshops and field courses.
I am a qualified Mountain Leader, hold the NNAS Tutor Award and am working towards my Rock Climbing Instructor Qualification. I have a PhD in Geology.
Some of my outdoor adventure highlights include:
- Hiking the John Muir Trail in the Sierra Nevada
- Trekking in the Langtang Valley, Nepal
- Geology expeditions to Iceland and SW Greenland
- Solo walking and camping trips in the Scottish hills
- Sea kayaking around the Scottish coast