Aspen Outdoors Ltd provides a consultancy service to help you review and establish safety management procedures and systems for walking expeditions. This includes the development of management information systems to record instructor qualifications and experience, participant information and expeditions.
Whether you intend to lead walking expeditions in Lowland, Hill and Moorland or Mountainous terrain, Aspen Outdoors Ltd can provide training and support that meets your needs.
- Workshops to help you teach navigation and expedition skills to young people;
- Introductory bushcraft skills courses;
- Site specific training on expedition routes, with an emphasis on managing risk and supervision;
- Training sessions to improve your personal skills on Lowland, Hill and Moorland and Mountain terrain (summer and winter); and
- The Lowland Leader Award qualification.
For more information on leader training and support, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
More on the Lowland Leader Award (LLA)
This LLA will give you the skills needed to lead both young people and adults on walks in lowland countryside terrain. The award is ideal for leaders running Duke of Edinburgh’s Award expeditions at Bronze and silver levels.
The LLA award is Mountain Training’s (MT) entry level award in leading groups of people in the great outdoors. The course will teach you the building blocks of leading groups in an outdoor environment . The syllabus comprises the following: Leadership Skills and Group Management, Walking Skills, Planning a Walk, Basic Map work and Route Finding Skills, Equipment, Hazards and Emergency Procedures and Environmental Awareness, Conservation, Access and Land Ownership.
Over the two days of training you will cover all aspects of the syllabus and we will ensure your knowledge and skills are developed. This will to allow you to go away and practise your skills before returning to complete the two day assessment.
Course pre requisite for training:
- Register on the Mountain training website http://www.mountain-training.org
- Complete 10 day walks in the LLA environment.
Course pre requisite for assessment:
- Complete 20 day walks in the LLA environment.
- The LLA is run in Partnership with Paul Tulloch and 45 North.